SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
Be part of this reputable Digital Agency, and evolve into a position that helps you realize your true potential.
Responsibilities and Duties
Senior Account Managers are the main point of communication for clients during projects & campaigns, ensuring all clients needs are anticipated and met and their overall experience with the agency is enjoyable. When there is one you will work with and provide leadership & guidance for the Account Manager to coordinate the day to day of a project internally. You will serve as the senior partner and confidant for clients, ensuring both the quality of relationship and work product. You will identify clients needs and work with both clients and various teams to understand, define and build effective solutions that generate measurable results. This includes unlocking new business opportunities with new and existing clients working with your Account Director and Head of Client Services in doing so. This position collaborates with multiple project teams across client service, creative and technical capabilities. The Senior Account Managers provide unique oversight and perspective to maintain a common goal while increasing knowledge, communication, and awareness among team members and the client.
- Manage the day to day agency and client relationship. Communicate regularly on project progress, set expectations correctly, gather feedback and generally ensure the client’s interactions with the agency are enjoyable.
- Senior confidant and partner for our clients. Ensure the quality of the relationship and the work of the product.
- Actively identifying how we can support our clients in and unlocking new business opportunities.
- Mentor and support Account Management and Account Executive positions within the team.
- Manage project profitability and performance; develop and negotiate statements of work, and ensure the work is delivered on budget.
- Manage projects internally through the agency’s various departments in order to provide clients with a comprehensive, consistent and cohesive agency effort that delivers world-class work on budget.
- Maintain strong ongoing relationships with client leads, introducing new opportunities accordingly. The end goal is growing/developing long-term DAOR (Digital agency of record) relationships.
- Assist with Account Directors in developing high-level client engagement strategies. Where required work with department heads and project teams to execute plans.
- Assist Account Directors in developing new business for the agency via new business pitches, RFP responses, and incoming leads.
Qualifications and Skills
- An understanding of web development technology and processes. We are a digitally-led agency so most of our work involves technology in some form, you should have a strong base understanding of technology and the design lifecycle.
- 3+ years experience in client service organisations, preferably on projects with an advertising, brand or technology focus.
- Extremely self-confident with the ability to interact in a positive and engaging manner with clients across all levels of an organisation, from CEO to Administration.
- The ability to manage a variety of projects for some of NZ's largest brands and organisations. You need to have a sharp mind, a strong work ethic and have a good attention to detail.
- An understanding of brand strategy and creative processes
- An understanding of digital advertising and social media channels and the opportunities available through each.
- A willingness to learn and a thirst for knowledge, success and recognition.
ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - DIGITAL AND NEW BUSINESS
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Account Director would like to be Head of Client Service or General Manager role in the coming years. You will provide both strategic and tactical leadership for their clients. You will serve as the senior partner and confidant for clients, ensuring both the quality of relationship and work product. You will identify clients needs and work with both clients and team to understand, define and build effective solutions that generate measurable results.
- Develop new business for the agency via new business pitches, RFP responses and incoming leads. Close new accounts with MSA and contract negotiations.
- Develop client engagement strategies and work with department heads, and project teams to execute plans. Identify needs that the client may not recognise and ensure that approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs.
- Manage portfolio profitability and performance; develop and negotiate statements of work, and ensure the work is delivered on budget.
- Maintain strong ongoing relationships with client sponsors and executives, introducing new opportunities accordingly. The end goal is growing/developing long-term DAOR (Digital agency of record) relationships.
- Mentor and support the Account Management positions within your pod. Provide direction, insight and advice to ensure Account Managers are managing projects and servicing clients, to a world class standard.
- Minimum 4 years experience in client service organisations, preferably on projects with an advertising, brand or technology focus.
- Extremely self confident with the ability to interact in a positive and engaging manner with clients across all levels of an organisation, from CEO to Administration.
- The ability to manage long term accounts across some of NZ's largest brands and organisations. You need to have a sharp mind, a strong work ethic and have a good attention to detail.
- The ability to manage account managers within your team, you must be able to form strong working relationships, inspire and guide team members within your pod in order to achieve the highest levels of client service.
- Strong understanding of brand strategy and creative processes, and be able to think strategically yourself while communicating these processes to a high standard to both clients and internally.
- Strong understanding of digital advertising and social media channels and the opportunities available through each.
- Willingness to learn and a thirst for knowledge, success and recognition.
My client seeks a supportive leader, passionate about mentoring and developing others. Your days will be filled collaborating with project teams, with fellow directors, and on new business. You'll provide strategic and art direction input across multiple projects. And provide design practice leadership to the entire studio. If you're a team player, a self-starter and a passionate design thinker with a proven track record in design leadership, talk to us today.
- Identify design capability development and training opportunities across the studio.
- Ensure periodic review of design team’s approach and deliverables, identifying areas for consolidation or improvement.
- Undertake monthly 1-to-1 meetings with the design team, to provide mentoring, performance management and pastoral care.
- Promote knowledge transfer and best practice sharing between designers and into the broader studio.
- Define creative standards and processes, and ensure they are used consistently by teams.
- Collaborate with fellow Directors to identify preferred design practices, tools or technologies for use within the studio, drawing on internal project experience and external best practice.
- Lead creation of appropriate training material and tools to embody these process improvements.
- Lead training and coaching to embed these process improvements.
- All Directors are assigned to specific projects, to provide oversight and support.
- Consult on Reverse Briefs for new projects.
- Contribute to the Project Design process, and set expectations for the Directors’ engagement with the project.
- Support the Account Strategist in setting the strategic direction of the project.
- Ensure the solution addresses the strategic, business and user goals identified at the project’s outset.
As Design Director, you may be called into further engagement with individual projects:
- Coach team in the development of creative and design solutions.
- Lead the communication of concepts back to the client, or coach team in this.
- Perform Quality Assurance on specific projects’ design deliverables.
- Consult with clients to ensure effective capture of brand needs and design constraints.
- Support teams in the development of proactive ideas for key accounts.
- Support Account Leads in the development of key account strategies.
- Support Account Leads in building senior relationships with client organisations.
- Engage with senior members of the client team and stakeholder groups, advocating for positive project and account outcomes.
- Support Account Leads to sell new initiatives to clients.
- Support Client Services Director with new business meetings and presentations.
- BA in Graphic Design or related experience.
- 8+ years experience with interactive design, preferably having experience with a leading design consulting firm focused on user experience.
- Experienced digital designer with an understanding of the technological aspects of digital touchpoints.
- Proven leadership skills in introducing leading design practices into an organisation: Responsive Web Design, Lean UX, Human centred design, mobile design, performance-based design, etc.
- Business, marketing or advertising experience.