TECH DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
· Are you able to motivate and lead a team of Developers to successful delivery?
· Do you have a true passion for technology, data and delivering value for clients?
· Would you like to work with a fun, award winning team to deliver great digital experiences?
This awesome agency is a customer centric agency who understands the collaborative nature of working closely with their clients to investigate and analyse their toughest challenges and then smashes them by leveraging emerging technologies. They engage at all levels in our clients organisations with passion, skill and a near obsession for adding value with each interaction.
The company are in growth mode with a clear strategy, which focuses on both a services and product approach
- Have technical ambition to match: we are not shackled by technology constraints, but it is also not a free for all. Use the technology that makes sense for the problem they are solving.
- Have a smart, passionate team who genuinely care about delivering together for our clients
- Care about our people, with monthly social events, monthly company updates, cakes on your birthday, fresh fruit available and a great office environment!
As Technical Development Manager your main focus is working with our current and prospective clients to understand their strategy and ensure the company is implementing scalable, best practice Sitecore sites to create and maintain long-term sustainable relationships. A senior member of the team and reporting to the CTO, the Technical Development Manager is also responsible for leading (including day to day management) a group of developers and be excited about mentoring and influencing them to deliver results. You are a passionate and enthusiastic leader who enjoys taking your team with you on the journey and watching them grow. Your previous experience with hands on development will be evident and your strong technical ability will back this up.
To hit the ground running as Technical Development Manager, you will be good at:
- Coding: We believe that our technical leaders should always be coding, exploring new areas and challenging themselves. You will ensure all code is delivered to .Net & Sitecore best practices.
- Architecture: You will be comfortable working with clients and the development team to lead the solution architecture approach for Sitecore projects and designing the best solution within scope that works for our client
- Agile: We use agile delivery practices across all of our projects. You will be experienced working with SCRUM using Continuous Delivery and enjoy working with these practices.
- Understanding: Playing a major part in the entire lifecycle of solution delivery, you will have knowledge and experience from ideation, to UX, to architecture, to code, to testing and deployment.
- Mind-set: Thinking big and acting fast, you will need a start up mind-set with enterprise awareness. You can manage competing priorities and adjust plans quickly to meet project outcomes.
- Mentoring: We continuously share knowledge and learn from each other. With the technical experience you bring, you will be an inspirational teacher to your peers, mentoring the team and bringing them up to speed on new approaches, languages and skills.
- Influencing: You understand both the client’s problem and technical solution and you’re able to advocate for excellence and effect change.
- Communication: Your people skills will be used just as much as your coding and technical skills, so solid communication and experience dealing with clients at a high level is essential to your success.
- Awareness: You will be able to keep up with the current state of the entire project at all times and be fully aware of any potential blockers. If there is an internal or external force that threatens slowing the project down, then you should know about it.