LEAD DESIGNER -
5th October 2017
You create effortless interactions and care about pixel perfection. You'll be part of an early stage product being used by large corporates and government agencies. A passionate and mature designer is required to take the platform from functional to intuitive and beautiful.
What you will do:
- Own the UI and all visual communication (SaaS platform, website, etc)
- Lead the dev team to implement your designs and problem solve interaction solutions
- Work alongside our design strategist to set the roadmap for UX and product features
- Take design principles and user research and turn them into delightful interactions
- Ideate solutions, develop designs, finesse implementation, and deliver great product every 3 week sprint
- Extensive portfolio of work proving experience in visual communication and designing digital products
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, CSS handover, and your preferred tools
- Up to date with the latest trends and standards
- Fast-learner to come up to speed in this technical environment
- Listener with the soft skills to foster a productive environment with the developers and other team members
- Visual communicator
Nice to have extras:
- Experience working in a startup environment and putting on other hats from time to time
- Experience with Agile methodology (preferred)
- Front-end dev skills
- Great work environment: central CBD, coffee, office dog, big whiteboards, pool table, and the space to get away from everyone.
- Ability to work remote or with flexible hours (we support a mid-day surf or mountain bike ride)
- Passionate team - “if it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well” - both professionally and personally
EXPERIENCE/ INTERACTION DESIGNERS -
22ND AUGUST 2017 (REF MAS032)
As an Interaction Designer you will be working at the intersection of artisan and behavioural science; in a design environment. Your primary mission will be to understand our client’s user and business needs and transform that understanding into user-focused and intuitive products, interfaces, platforms and journeys for mobile, web and more.
Your tasks will include the creation of finished visual interface designs, rapid prototypes, user scenarios, mock-ups and flows.
Other tasks will include:
• Validating ideas and designs through user testing and beta testing - e.g. split testing.
• Designing new user experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mock-ups.
• Assessing recently released product features to identify potential areas of improvement.
• Developing interactive experiences and visualizations to bring client data to life.
• Working in a sprint environment to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers.
• Highly detailed communication of design principles + direction, as well as design specifications to front end and back end development teams.
You'll also be ready to branch out and try your hand in adjacent design domains, and support the team as needed.
Some areas that we would look favourably at include;
• A strong work portfolio that demonstrates your systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices.
• A minimum of five years of UX or interaction design experience; experience with responsive web design and typical frameworks, such as Bootstrap.
• Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, balancing the "happy path" with edge cases, and incorporate them into designs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively sell an idea based on its merit).
• Deep understanding of information design / architecture, based on both general principles and specific user psychology.
• Proficiency in graphic design, digital art, a sensitivity to typography, visual hierarchy, colour, layout, and a general awareness of materials/textures.
• Experience in working with a cross-functional team or rapid software development lifecycle, ideally including Lean UX and agile methodologies.
• A sense of humour and the inclination to wear shoes at least some of the time.
CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER
22 AUGUST 2017 - (MAS031)
Our client is looking for a dynamic and explosive Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). You will develop new marketing initiatives and inspire the team to exceed the established benchmarks.
- Take responsibility for the achievement of marketing goals.
- Contribute to the overall growth of the bottom line.
- Produce engaging content both online and offline that converts target customers.
- Produce customer events that drive new lead generation
- Manage the budget for the marketing department.
- Develop and present the annual marketing strategy.
- Use data systems and reports to make evidence-based decisions.
- Analyze the effect of the overall company strategies on marketing initiatives to align goals and visions.
- Lead and execute successful marketing campaigns.
- Explore different acquisition channels, from pay per click campaigns to event management.
- 10 years experience in marketing, deploying marketing campaigns that engage target audiences.
- Ability to lead inter-disciplinary teams.
- Strong knowledge of website analytics tools like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, WebTrends.
- Ability to handle big data, track metrics, and process figures.
- A good sense of aesthetics as well as copy communication.
- A proven track record of handling a variety of management tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Master's degree in Marketing, Management, or equivalent.